Enriched Air Diver
Air contains 21% oxygen, 79% nitrogen. With Enriched Air Nitrox, the percentage of oxygen exceed 21%. The benefits are undeniable and diving today, it is difficult to dive otherwise.
- More safety: less risk of decompression sickness
- More fun: time underwater is lengthened because the levels are shorter than the air and no-stop time is also lengthened
- Less fatigue: nitrogen is responsible for the fatigue of the diver. With nitrox, reduced nitrogen causes a decrease in fatigue and a chance to fly soon!
- The depth of change is limited depending on the mixture used. For example, you’ll be limited to 120ft with a 40/60 Nitrox. In St. Barth, the majority of sites is between 60 and 100 feet so this limitation is not really a handicap.
We offer two levels of training to discover diving with Nitrox otherwise:
1. Enriched Air Nitrox
This level available from the PADI or SDI (Junior) Open Water and will teach you the basics of using an oxygen-enriched gas.
So you can use blends up to 40% O2 with all the comfort that represents.
Training is conducted in two dives with a theoretical learning to enable you to understand the basic principles of the use of Nitrox but also the limitations of this mixture.
This training is intended for recreational diving enthusiasts who want to have fun by staying longer under water and / or those who want maximum security.
2. TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver
Are you looking to expand your dive time? Maybe you’re a scientific diver or photographer looking to stay in the water a little longer?The TDI Advanced Nitrox Course qualifies divers to use enriched air nitrox from EAN 21 through EAN 100 percent within your current certification level to a maximum depth of 40 metres/130 feet during dives that do not require staged decompression. Often taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures course, this can be considered the foundation of your technical diving career. TDI Advanced Nitrox is also a must for SCR or CCR divers.
SERIAL DIVERS : Isabelle & Emmanuel
Quai de la Collectivité, Gustavia,
97133 St Barthélemy
+590 (0) 690 516 786